Here’s a little game I whipped up to help me learn AS3. It’s not done yet, but it’s far in enough to show it off. Like half done or so. Most of the coding is done but there’s still design work and assets to be created.
It’s about time I posted the changelog for the 2.0 update. I separated everything into ctegories to make it more digestible. If I missed anything feel free to let me know in a comment or email.
Welcome to a new series wherein I discuss and detail ideas for the upcoming A Koopa’s Revenge 3. First I’ll be talking about an idea I’m probably not going to use but I think is interesting anyway: combining of powerups.
The idea is pretty simple, at least as an idea. You take powerup A and combine it with powerup B to create powerup AB a la Kirby 64. powerup AB would combine the aspects of both powerups into one super powerup.
After numerous requests for a playable version, I’ve finally gotten around to releasing the playable Scribble Koopa. Mostly I just didn’t want to do the write up.
I finally got AKR2 to export properly on my new computer! Previously I had to do all work for the game on my old desktop setup from 2007, as the game wouldn’t export with the music on my new expensive 2014 laptop. This is a big breakthrough, and I’ll be able to work on the game without it being a huge hassle now.
This here post will be my first real devblag. Short for development web log. From time to time, I’ll be describing the development process for the games I’m making.
I read this article, which someone tweeted, can’t remember who. (By the way, follow me on twitter. I swear, eventually I’ll figure out what I’m supposed to do with it.) It’s a cool article, and if you’re into game development, specifically 2D sidescrollers, you should really check it out. It’s convinced me to redo the camera for AVGN:TitNES (which really needs a shorter initialism)
There have been a number of requests, so I’ve releasing a playable version of the AKR2 Alpha I made a video for a few months ago. Turns out it was easier than I had anticipated.
Thought I’d do something a little different for a change. Just to be clear this is NOT AKR3, it is an early alpha build of AKR2. The build is over 5 years old at this point. And what you see here is pretty much all there is to it.
The much awaited update to AKR2 is done. But due to some changes to the mechanics it’s going to need some comprehensive testing before I can give it a wide release. I can’t do it alone (at least not very quickly) so I’ll need help testing. The preview is here.
A Koopa’s Revenge 2 has been out for a couple of weeks now, and I’ve received enough feedback to start working on some improvements. That is aside from the bug fixes and other small tweaks I’ve made up to this point in v1.05. But I’m still looking for more feedback, so leave a comment or send a message or whatever. Click through for more on A Koopa’s Revenge 2’s coming changes